The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Gorbachev Talk to BE Lotteried

By Philip P. Pan, Crimson Staff Writer

The Kennedy School of Government will conduct a lottery to determine which students may attend a talk by former Soviet President Mikhail S. Gorbachev in May, officials said yesterday.

All Harvard undergraduate and graduate students may sign up for the lottery today, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., in room 250 at the Kennedy School. Sign-up will continue tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday.

To register, students must personally present Harvard identification.

According to Kennedy School spokesperson Steven Singer, the exact number of tickets available has not been determined, but "hundreds" of seats willbe reserved for students.

Faculty members and some staff members willalso attend the May 15 event in the ARCO Forum,which seats approximately 600 people.

Students who miss getting tickets can watchGorbachev's speech on closed circuit televisionslocated around the University, Singer said.

Kinnedy School students and other Universitywill participate in a separate lotteries.

The event is not open to the public, Singersaid. Results of the lottery will posted on May 4