Dance To Benefit Homeless

Prizes, Fun for All

By Amita M. Shukla

A wild night of dancing, performances, multi-media, games and prizes awaits students who will attend "The Pfoxy," a dance to be held in the Pforzheimer House dining hall from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. tonight.

The dance, organized by the Pforzheimer House Committee (PfoHo), is being held in the wake of last fall's "Club Pforzheimer," which attracted hundreds of students, according to dance co-chair Bertie H. Cheng '98. Unlike the last dance, however, students must pay a fee to enter tonight's dance.

Three-fourths of the proceeds from the dance will be donated to the Hildebrand Family Self-Help Center, while the rest will be used for future PfoHo events.

The shelter caters to 34 families, Cheng said.

The Crimson Dance Team and Capoeira, an acrobatic team, will perform during the dance, Cheng said.

"We don't want to stop the music, we want to keep everything continuous," she said.

There will also be an event named Games of Chance. Cheng said she could not reveal more details about the games, as they are to be kept top secret.

In addition to several businesses, Harvard-Radcliffe Television and Quad Sound Studios are co-sponsoring the event with PfoHo. There will also be a number of prizes, including movie passes and compact discs from Strawberries.

Cheng said a new sound system has been installed and should be "100 percent" operational.

"We're hoping the entire place will be packed wall-to-wall," said Cheng, who organized the dance with co-chair Emanuel J. Brown '97.