Adam Sandler

By Nate P. Gray

Adam Sandler

Stan and Judy's Kid

Warner

There are three kinds of tracks in an Adam Sandler album. The universally funny tracks, those that appeal to the more immature and those that are funny only if you giggle when you hear the term "erector set." In Sandler's new album, half of the skits/songs fall into the lattermost category, and most of the other tracks occupy the second. While there are a couple of exceptions, including an entertaining but overly long midget referee sketch, the trouble with the skits is that Sandler believes there's no such thing as carrying a gag too far, even if it means maiming the characters. Five of the album's seven weirdos/perverts end up arrested, beaten or dead (don't worry; the midget remains untouched). Still, hardcore Sandler fans worried that The Wedding Singer and Big Daddy signaled the end of his outrageous ribaldry should have no fear. One of the funniest songs, "She Comes Home to Me," is dedicated to a highly paid prostitute. Tender and heartwarming, you can see the singer's love for this woman in the beautiful lyrics: "she'll go down on a yak / lick a horse's nut sack." For those who aren't amused by potty humor, save your money. For those who are: "erector set". C