Student Nominated for Daytime Emmy

By Ganesh N. Sitaraman, Contributing Writer

Eden Riegel '02, currently on leave this year to act in ABC's "All My Children," was nominated for an Emmy Award yesterday by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.

The nomination was for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series. Four other actresses were also nominated.

On "All My Children," Riegel plays Bianca Montgomery, the teenage daughter of Erica Kane, played by Susan Lucci.

The nomination is Riegel's first since joining the show last summer.

"It's been a really really big day," Riegel said. "I'm excited and surprised--it's quite an honor."

Riegel said she plans to gather with the cast and crew of this weekend and "have a really wild night on the town to celebrate."

Before her role in "All My Children," Riegel played Sarah in American Pie, acted as Young Cosette on Broadway's Les Miserables, and played the voice of Young Miriam in Dreamworks' animated film Prince of Egypt.

Riegel, formerly of Pforzheimer House, said she had no set timetable for returning to Harvard.

"I'm not running a race," she said. "I'm so fulfilled in what I am doing."

"[Riegel] likes acting more than anything," said Sue M. Chung '02, who sang in the Radcliffe Pitches with Riegel.

But Chung said Riegel--a social studies concentrator--also had other interests at Harvard.

"If acting didn't pan out, she wanted to be a diplomat," Chung said.