CPD Police Log

By Eduardo E. Santacana, Crimson Staff Writer

Feb. 19

— A resident of St. Louis reported that she left her laptop in the trunk of a cab on her way to Logan Airport; a call to the company by the resident turned up nothing.

Feb. 20

— A business owner on Cambridge Street reported that at approximately 1:25 p.m. he noticed that an unknown person(s) had entered the front door, shattering the lock. The cash drawers appeared to be disturbed and the rear office appeared ransacked.

— A resident of Andover reported that at approximately 5 p.m. she noticed that an unkown person(s) smashed the rear right-side window of her motor vehicle. The resident did not find anything missing.

Feb. 21

— At 5:30 p.m. a Rindge Avenue resident reported that an unknown suspect smashed the driver’s side window and took a speaker and an amplifier out of the motor vehicle. The motor vehicle was parked in the rear lot of 362 Rindge Ave. The speaker and amplifier were recovered in the area. A suspect was stopped in the area and identified.

— Kristen Burrows was reported missing by her sister. Ms. Burrows was last seen on Feb. 20, 2005. Ms. Burrows was wearing a white t-shirt, tan pants, white sneakers, and a puffy blue jacket.

Feb. 22

— A resident of Hampshire Street reported that at 5:20 p.m., a suspect gained access to her apartment. Once the suspect was inside, the apartment was ransacked; clothing was found burned.

— A resident of Cambridge reported that she made deposits via the ATM in Fresh Pond and Porter Square between April 2004, and January 2005. Money (totaling over $2,000) has not been received. The bank was notified.

Feb. 23

— A resident of Cambridge stated that between 4 p.m. on Feb. 22 and 7:10 a.m., date unknown, unknown persons forced the rear door to 259 Hurley St., which is under renovation, and removed an air compressor, nail gun, and saw valued at $900.

Feb. 24

— On Feb. 23, 2005, at approximately 5:30 p.m., a Cambridge resident reported that her two juvenile daughters were approached by a male approximately 40 years old, who made sexually explicit comments to them while they were at 710 Bishop Allen Dr.

— At 7:30 a.m., a Cambridge resident reported that someone broke into his restaurant and stole a cash register valued at $250. They also took a cash box containing $500. Access was gained to the building by prying the rear door and then cutting a hole through the wall to unlock the fire door.

Feb. 25

— A Billerica woman reported that her car was vandalized while it was parked on Columbia Street. The windshield wipers were ripped off, the gas tank was ripped off, and the passenger’s mirror was also broken.

— An Aldo store employee reported that an unkown white male tried a pair of shoes on and ran out of the store, leaving his old shoes behind.