Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line


At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions


Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists


‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam


‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Cambridge Police Log

By Eduardo E. Santacana and Eduardo E. Santacana, Crimson Staff Writers

—An Elm St. resident reported that an unknown person had tapped his phone line.

—A Blake St. resident reported that an unknown person entered his apartment and took $530 in cash and eight OxyContin and 12 morphine pills. There was no sign of forced entry. Feb. 27

—Cynthia Puruis of Lexington Ave. reported that she and her son had an argument and that he threw an ashtray at her and broke a table during the argument. She also had a restraininig order against her son, which was violated. John Shea was subsequently arrested for malicious destruction of property over $250, violation of a restraining order, and assault by means of a dangerous weapon (an ashtray). Feb. 28

—A 23-year-old was found deceased in a Cambridge apartment at 1:30 p.m. by the building custodian.

—A Cambridge resident reported that Vincent Robinson may be repsonsible for using her identity to gain approximately $800,000 in loans and mortgages between July 1, 2004 and Feb. 28, 2005. March 1

—A security manager of a biotechnology company in Cambridge reported that two white males used a key to gain access to labs through a locked side door between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. Several laptops worth $25,000 were removed.

—A Cambridge resident had an argument with her son regarding the television remote. No injuries were reported. March 2

—Between 12:45 p.m. and 1:20 p.m., a resident from Everett, Mass. reported that unknown suspects forced entry into his truck while it was parked at One Memorial Drive, taking approximately $2,000 cash from a locked safe inside the truck.

—On March 1, 2005, a Charles St. resident walked into the Cambridge Police Department headquarters to report that unknown suspect(s) broke into his apartment by prying the back door. The suspects stole his flat-screen television. March 3

6:30 p.m.—A Mass Ave. business employee reported that, after leaving work and walking on Mass Ave. near Essex St., an unknown male grabbed her by the arm and asked for money. The employee kicked the suspect in the shin, causing him to release hold of her arm. She then fled down Essex St. The victim said that prior to her assault, the suspect was in the store and had an argument with a co-worker. The argument was caught on store videotape.

March 4

2:30 a.m.—A Memorial Drive business employee reported that at 1:47 a.m. an unknown male entered the store and, upon leaving, pointed a small automatic firearm at the employee and asked for money. The suspect then went behind the counter and again asked for money. The employee then scanned a candy bar to open the register and the suspect removed approximately $400 cash along with six packs of cigarettes. The employee said the same suspect robbed the gas station last December.

—An employee of Traffic and Parking reported that at 3:33 p.m. a blue van came toward her as if to hit her. The employee had to jump out of the way to avoid contact with the van. She said this occurred minutes after she ticketed the van for parking in front of a fire hydrant near 7th St. and Cambridge St. March 5

4:50 p.m.­­—An Ellery St. resident reported that between 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., while at the Temple Beth Shalom, an unknown person(s) stole her wallet from her handbag. Her purse was left in the hallway and contained a checkbook, $1,500 check, $100 cash, health and credit cards, and a driver’s license.

—A Cambridge resident reported that at 1 p.m. on Jan. 13, she was approached by an unknown male and female who stated they had approximately $5,000 in large bills that they found. They asked the resident to withdraw $5,000 in small bills and they would divide the money. The male suspect went to Citizens Bank in Central Square with the resident. He took a check from the resident, made it out for $5,000, and asked her to sign it, which she did. The suspect told the resident to wait while they parked the car. The suspects then fled in an unknown motor vehicle with the money.

Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.