HMS Executive Dean To Leave for Johns Hopkins

By Xi Yu, Crimson Staff Writer

Daniel G. Ennis, executive dean for administration at Harvard Medical School, will be leaving the University to assume the post of senior vice president for finance and administration at Johns Hopkins University, the Medical School announced today.

Richard G. Mills, dean for education and global program administration, will serve as interim executive dean for administration when Ennis leaves on July 30.

Ennis, who graduated from Harvard Business School and Harvard Kennedy School of Government, served as the associate vice president for finance and financial planning at Harvard prior to joining the Medical School in 2007.

Since then, Ennis has helped guide the school through "choppy financial waters" and created a financial plan for the years to come. Ennis has contributed to long-term plans for renovations in the Medical School Quadrangle and associated departmental reorganization.

"I know that, like me, many in the HMS community are indebted to Daniel for his trusted friendship, his outstanding leadership and his many lasting contributions to HMS," wrote Medical School Dean Jeffrey S. Flier in an e-mailed statement.

—Staff writer Xi Yu can be reached at xyu@college.harvard.edu.

Harvard Medical School