The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Suspects Caught After Harvard Yard Chase

Police converged on Canaday Hall after a foot chase through Harvard Yard which resulted in the apprehension of two men suspected of stealing two cellphones from the T-Mobile store in Harvard Square around noon yesterday.
Police converged on Canaday Hall after a foot chase through Harvard Yard which resulted in the apprehension of two men suspected of stealing two cellphones from the T-Mobile store in Harvard Square around noon yesterday. By William N. White
By William N. White, Crimson Staff Writer

UPDATE: Police Provide Information About Two Men Arrested After Chase Through Harvard Yard

A foot chase by police ended with the apprehension of two suspects in Harvard Yard around noon today.

Around 11:45 a.m., two men in black jackets ran out of the T station through Johnston Gate in the direction of Memorial Church, pursued by one officer.

Harvard University and Cambridge police quickly converged on the northeast corner of the Yard, where the men were eventually caught by Cambridge officers in Canaday Hall. They were taken from the scene in a Cambridge police van.

The suspects were wanted for stealing at least one cell phone from a T-Mobile store, according to police radio transmissions overheard by a Crimson reporter.

—Check www.TheCrimson.com for updates.

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction.

CORRECTION: APRIL 11, 2011

The April 11 article "Suspects Caught After Harvard Yard Chase" misstated the general location of Canaday Hall. It is located in the northeast, not northwest, corner of the Yard.

CrimeHUPDCambridge PoliceHarvard Yard