Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Suspects Caught After Harvard Yard Chase

Police converged on Canaday Hall after a foot chase through Harvard Yard which resulted in the apprehension of two men suspected of stealing two cellphones from the T-Mobile store in Harvard Square around noon yesterday.
By William N. White, Crimson Staff Writer

UPDATE: Police Provide Information About Two Men Arrested After Chase Through Harvard Yard

A foot chase by police ended with the apprehension of two suspects in Harvard Yard around noon today.

Around 11:45 a.m., two men in black jackets ran out of the T station through Johnston Gate in the direction of Memorial Church, pursued by one officer.

Harvard University and Cambridge police quickly converged on the northeast corner of the Yard, where the men were eventually caught by Cambridge officers in Canaday Hall. They were taken from the scene in a Cambridge police van.

The suspects were wanted for stealing at least one cell phone from a T-Mobile store, according to police radio transmissions overheard by a Crimson reporter.

—Check www.TheCrimson.com for updates.

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction.

CORRECTION: APRIL 11, 2011

The April 11 article "Suspects Caught After Harvard Yard Chase" misstated the general location of Canaday Hall. It is located in the northeast, not northwest, corner of the Yard.

CrimeHUPDCambridge PoliceHarvard Yard