Magic of Numbers: Harvard Hits the Road

By Kevin T. Chen, Crimson Staff Writer

Each Thursday, The Crimson will compile a series of unique statistics about Harvard's sports scene. Welcome to the Magic of Numbers—without the problem sets. We'll do the math for you.

CRIMSON VS BIG BLUE

830—Number of miles separating Cambridge and Ann Arbor, MI. The Harvard men’s basketball team will travel to the University of Michigan this Saturday to take on the Wolverines at 1 p.m.. The game will be televised on the Big Ten Network.

109—Wins for Harvard coach Tommy Amaker when he was the head coach at Michigan before joining the Crimson.

55.6—Percentage of three-point shots made by Harvard in Tuesday’s 80-57 thrashing of Fordham.

5—Number of three pointers made by freshman guard Laurent Rivard against the Rams. The Crimson made a total of 15 buckets from behind the arc.

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS STAYS IN VEGAS

36—Number of wrestling teams–—including Harvard—competing in the 29th annual Cliff Keen Las Vegas Collegiate Wrestling Invitational. The tournament will take place today and conclude tomorrow.

9— Number of underclassmen competing for the Crimson this weekend. Three freshmen, four sophomores and two juniors will look for victories in Las Vegas.

7—National ranking in the Intermat poll for junior grappler Corey Jantzen.

PLAYING THE BEST

5—Number of consecutive games against a ranked team for the Harvard women’s ice hockey squad. The Crimson will take on No. 6 Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Mass., on Sunday.

45—Number of times that Harvard and the Eagles have played each other prior to this weekend’s matchup.

Magic of Numbers