Magic of Numbers: Basketball Continues Winning Ways

By Alexandra Conigliaro, Contributing Writer

Each Thursday, The Crimson will compile a series of unique statistics about Harvard's sports scene. Welcome to the Magic of Numbers—without the problem sets. We'll do the math for you.

1: The place the Harvard men's basketball team holds in the Ivy League standings going into this weekend’s contests.

1: The number of games the Crimson has to win before tying its program record of 21 total victories.

22: The half-time point deficit Harvard overcame in its last meeting with the Bears this season

9: The number of points by which the Crimson beat Brown after logging its largest comeback in program history after being down 24 points.

130: The Sirius Satellite Radio station on which Harvard’s Friday matchup against Brown will be broadcasted.

BALLIN'

73.3: The average number of points the Harvard women's basketball team averages per game.

617: The number of rebounds recorded by senior Emma Markley in her career.  After her rebounding performance against Columbia on Jan. 28, Markley is ranked in the top 10 on Harvard’s all-time rebound list.

1,000: The point club junior Brogan Berry and Emma Markley have joined during this season.

1993: The last time two Harvard teammates reached the mark in the same year.

Men's BasketballWomen's BasketballSports BlogMagic of Numbers