Magic of Numbers: Sing-Along

By Oluwatoni A. Campbell, Crimson Staff Writer

Each Thursday, The Crimson will compile a series of unique statistics about Harvard's sports scene. Welcome to the Magic of Numbers—without the problem sets. We'll do the math for you.

ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT

38: Number of wins by Harvard men’s lightweight crew over Navy in the 45-year history of the Haines Cup.

3: Consecutive years that men’s lightweight crew has beat Navy.

1.2: Number of seconds by which men’s lightweight crew beat Navy last Saturday.

I’M SAILING AWAY

5: Finish for the Harvard women's sailing team at the Women's New England Championship.

2: Finish by the Crimson women’s sailing team at the Admiral's Cup hosted by Kings Point.

DIFF’RENT STROKES

6: Finish for the Harvard men’s golf team at last weekend’s Ivy League Championship.

11: Finish in individual standings for junior Mark Pollak at the Ivy League Championship.

RE-LAX

5: Goals scored by sophomore attacker Jennifer VanderMeulen in the 15-9 victory over Columbia.

42: number of goals scored by VanderMeulen—the team’s leading goal scorer—so far this season.

167: Goals scored by Crimson women’s lacrosse team as a whole this year.

HIT ME BABY, ONE MORE TIME

2: Times co-captain Ellen Macadam of the Harvard softball team has been named Ivy League Player of the Week.

45: Runs scored this season by Macadam, a Harvard record.

4: Hits Macadam needs to break the school record of 67 in a single season.

Men's CrewWomen's CrewMen's GolfWomen's GolfWomen's LacrosseSailingSoftballMagic of Numbers