The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained
Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned
Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands
Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square
107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay
Yesterday, we came out with our second Harvard Sports Trivia Challenge. Now, we reveal the answers:
1. Who is the only modern-era quarterback from Harvard to ever go on to play in the NFL and what team does he currently play for?
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills
2. What two countries’ national teams will the men’s soccer team be playing this month?
Haiti and Cape Verde
3. When was the last time the Crimson won the Ice Hockey Beanpot tournament, and who was its opponent?
1993, Boston University
4. When the women’s basketball team made history this year by becoming the first team in the Ivy League to record a win in the WNIT, who was the opponent?
5. When was the last time the Harvard men’s volleyball team had as many wins as they currently have and how many is that?
6. Which three schools from all NCAA Div. I men’s swimming and diving programs ranked above the Crimson for combined GPA?
Yale (3.59), Villanova (3.58) and Dartmouth (3.41), while Harvard had a 3.40
7. Who was the last Harvard skier (before Rebecca Nadler) to win a college Carnival? (Nadler was the first alpine skier but a nordic skier has done it)
Anna McLoon '04
8. In which sport was women's hockey coach Katey Stone named an All American in college?
9. Which Crimson basketball player was selected in the 4th round of the 1973 NBA Draft?
James Brown, Atlanta Hawks
10. Which female Harvard athlete was the first Ivy Leaguer in history to win an NCAA individual title and in which sport?
Meredith Rainey ’90. She ran a school-record time of 2:03.90 in the 800 meters at the Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Provo, UT.
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.