Boston’s #1 Meal Service Has an Unexpected Origin Story—And a Whole Lot of Heart.

With a weekly-rotating menu of ready-to-plate meals delivered directly to your door, Feast & Fettle marries the convenience of takeout with the fresh-tasting results of a home-cooked meal. This local service prepares everything in house using whole, thoughtfully-sourced, seasonal ingredients. All you have to do is select the dishes you want for the week to come, sign up for the delivery day that works best for you, and enjoy ready-made food whenever you need it.

This Rhode Island-based company comes with an inspiring success story that makes it all the more gratifying to support. Back in 2015, Maggie Pearson was working as a personal chef for families in the area, and it was in this role that she witnessed firsthand the way her clients struggled to keep up with grocery shopping, cooking, and getting dinner on the table (especially with young kids in the mix). Her experience informed the beginnings of Feast & Fettle, which she saw as a solution to consistent healthy eating for on-the-go families—and which she launched the following year with her best friend, Nikki Nix.

The early days of the service saw the pair hand-selecting items from the grocery store, making clients’ meals from home, and doing all the packing and delivering themselves—and that’s not to mention the billing and bookkeeping. Starting a business is no small undertaking, and it’s a whole lot more challenging when you’re operating without major investors. But Maggie and Nikki knew they had something good, and the evidence is in how rapidly their vision has grown and expanded since the early days.

Seven years in, Feast & Fettle has 170 employees, a commercial kitchen, and a fleet of (actually quite lovely) matte black delivery vans. They now service Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Hampshire—in addition to their home state of Rhode Island—and they’re not stopping there. They have designs on moving into the rest of New England, plus New York and beyond.

Not only is Feast & Fettle ranked in the top two percent of the fastest growing companies in the country, their service is getting stellar reviews across the board. Boston Magazine just named them the Best Meal-Delivery Service for the second year running, and it’s because their commitment to premium quality, convenience, and personal touch is unparalleled within the field.

What the team at Feast & Fettle understands is that there’s little flexibility built into hectic households. People get busy—whether with kids or deadlines, long shifts or study schedules—but everyone deserves a good meal. And when meals are taken care of, you might notice a lot more time on your hands. What do you do with it? That’s up to you to decide.

ff-button

The Crimson's news and opinion teams—including writers, editors, photographers, and designers—were not involved in the production of this article.