Six Blue Meet Tonight In Tossup Arena Test

By David W. Cudhea

Yale, bustling, bumptious, and barely holding on to its Pentagonal League lead, moves into the Boston Arena tonight for the first game in what should be a toss-up hockey series.

Face-off time is 9 p.m. In the preliminary, Northeastern will play around with Norwich.

The Elis have an eleven win, six loss record this season, including two wins over Brown, and a split with Princeton. Both these clubs have conquered the Crimson.

The Crimson's record now stands at 8-5-1. In its seven games before examinations, it won six, tied one. In its seven games since vacation, it won two, lost five. The team, with two league victories and three defeats, is far behind in Pentagonal competition.

But the varsity, despite its recent showing, is still the team with the best potential and the best deph in the East. In last-term form, it could tie knots in the Bulldog's tall with ease.

Lost to Princeton

Yale dropped a close game to Princeton, 3 to 2, last Tuesday, and since that time has beaten A.I.C., although it played poorly in the process.

Wally Kilrea, second-line center, is the man to watch for the Elis. He is leading scorer, on a team which seems to have little difference between the quality of its three lines.

George Chase's injury leaves the Crimson in a shuffled but probably not weakened condition. Dick Clasby will probably play first line, with Captain Walt Greeley and Amory Hubbard. Frank Mahoney may move to the second line, with Norm Wood and Job Bray, while Doug Man- chester will center the third line of New Bliss and Scott Cooledge.

The game may well hinge on the play of the second and third lines, and especially on the second defense. Tony Patton, Nod Almy and Jim O'Brien. Ed Mrkonich and Jeff Coolidge will start on the first defense, with Carl Hathaway or Brad Richardson in the goal.

Myles Huntington's unbeaten freshmen will not meet Yale this weekend, since they travel to New Haven next week with the varsity for a single game.

Instead, the Yardlings will play a Boston University team that they have already smashed once. Game time is 2 p.m. at the Arena.

The freshmen will be led by Bill Cleary, outstanding center for the first line, who has already scored 64 points this year to break a Crimson record. With two games left, he has a chance to run it to an astronomical total.

The Lineup

Harvard: g, Richardson or Hathaway; ld, Mrkonich; rd, Coolidge; lw, Hubbard; rw, Clasby; c. Greeley (C).

Yale: g, Whelan; ld, Culotta; rd, Owens; lw, Lupkin; rw, Scully; c, Noble (C).