RUS Lengthens Parietals To Match Harvard Hours

By Adele M. Rosen

Without a murmur of dissent, RUS made a resolution yesterday to match Harvard's parietal extension to 72 hours per week. Unanimous approval is expected at next Thursday's meeting.

The RUS will also research the possibility of extending parietals beyond those currently in effect at Harvard.

Under the new Radcliffe constitution, the decision of RUS is final. The administration's only recourse, in the event of their disapproval, is to bring the matter before a joint student and administration Judicial Review Committee.

Following the recent threat of a strike at Radcliffe, Deborah A. Batts '69, president of RUS, discussed the probable formation of a joint committee to study the priorities of Radcliffe's fund designations.

No official power could be given to this committee, according to Mary I. Bunting, president of Radcliffe, since the final say on all financial matters rests with the trustees of the College Council. However, she did say that the committee's findings would be given serious consideration by the Council.

Inviolable?

Miss Batts also brought up the possibility of a meal-rates committee to study the feasibility of Radcliffe students not paying full board. This might mean the use of meal tickets, cash or charging on a single meal basis. It also could only be a fact-finding committee.

As the meeting broke up quickly, the nostalgic plaint of one girl was barely audible. "Whither the inviolable sanctity of a girls' dormitory?" she said.