‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

Party Planner

By Susan H. Goldstein

The Harvard Party Company will seek official recognition as an undergraduate organization by presenting the company's constitution to the Committee on Housing and Undergraduate Life on December 5, a spokesman for the group said yesterday.

The company sponsored a bash in the Freshman Union after the Harvard-Dartmouth football game, and will hold the first annual Christmas champagne ball in the Union on December 9, Bret R. Johnson '81, founder of the company, said yesterday.

The money earned from admission fees to the parties goes to wages for workers at the parties or to the company fund, Johnson added.

Johnson got the idea for the company after seeing how "awful" the freshman mixer was, he said yesterday. Johnson decided "there was a market for some good parties," he added.

Several faculty members will receive free tickets to the ball, where champagne for 1200 people will be provided, John S. Scheft '81, a planner of the ball, said yesterday.

"The champagne ball will be great because faculty will come to this party to mingle with students," Scheft said.

Scheft added, "People are going to see this as a freshman party; it could really be called a College-wide party."