‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

B - School Professor Dies at 48

By John Rosenthal

D. Daryl Wyckoff, Hill Professor of Transportation at the Business School, died in Salem, Mass. last Sunday of complications following heart surgery. He was 48.

Wyckoff, a widely known authority on the railroad, airline, and tracking industries, was best known for his work in transportation management and deregulation. The Marblehead, Mass, resident also visited China three times since 1979 to study transportation problems and recommend improved management methods.

"He was a great colleague," and his death in a substantial loss," said John R. Meyer, Harpel Professor of Capital Formation and Economic Growth at the Kennedy School. "He had a constant optimism about him. He always had the feeling that there was a solution to any problem, and more often than not became up with one."

"He was a brilliant talent," said David H. Maister, Associate Professor at the Business School. "I learned more from him than anybody else just by watching his example."

Wyckoff is survived by his wife Valerie; two daughters, Michele, 23 of New Orleans, La, and Abigail, 20, a student at Washington University in St. Louis; and a brother, Douglas, of St. Paul, Minn.