Seen and Heard: Harvard's March Through Cambridge

Harvard students lay in front of traffic during a die-in at the intersection of Memorial Dr. and Western Ave. in December to protest two recent, separate grand jury decisions not to indict white police officers who killed two unarmed black men.
Harvard students lay in front of traffic during a die-in at the intersection of Memorial Dr. and Western Ave. in December to protest two recent, separate grand jury decisions not to indict white police officers who killed two unarmed black men. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
Hundreds of Harvard affiliates rally in the Science Center Plaza Friday evening for the "March on Harvard," demonstration.
Hundreds of Harvard affiliates rally in the Science Center Plaza Friday evening for the "March on Harvard," demonstration. By Anneli L. Tostar
Hundreds of protesters gather in the Science Center Plaza in December to protest racial injustice.
Hundreds of protesters gather in the Science Center Plaza in December to protest racial injustice. By The Crimson Photo Staff
Members of the Harvard community chant "hands up don't shoot," at a peaceful protest in the Science Center Plaza in December. The protest brought together students from many Harvard University schools.
Members of the Harvard community chant "hands up don't shoot," at a peaceful protest in the Science Center Plaza in December. The protest brought together students from many Harvard University schools. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
Protesters march from the Science Center Plaza after a rally Friday evening.
Protesters march from the Science Center Plaza after a rally Friday evening. By Anneli L. Tostar
Cambridge police officers block traffic on Mass. Ave. as Harvard protesters stage a die-in in December in Central Square.
Cambridge police officers block traffic on Mass. Ave. as Harvard protesters stage a die-in in December in Central Square. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
Cambridge residents spectate the 'March on Harvard' as protesters walked up Western Ave. in December.
Cambridge residents spectate the 'March on Harvard' as protesters walked up Western Ave. in December. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
A protestor takes a photo during a die-in in Central Square on Friday evening as a part of the 'March on Harvard' protest.
A protestor takes a photo during a die-in in Central Square on Friday evening as a part of the 'March on Harvard' protest. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
A Cambridge Police officer takes a photograph on his cellphone during a 'die in' in Harvard Square on Friday evening.
A Cambridge Police officer takes a photograph on his cellphone during a 'die in' in Harvard Square on Friday evening. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
Members of the Harvard community march up Western Ave. in Cambridge towards Central Square during a peaceful protest Friday Evening.
Members of the Harvard community march up Western Ave. in Cambridge towards Central Square during a peaceful protest Friday Evening. By Tiana A Abdulmassih
Protestors host a die-in in Cambridge on Friday evening to protest the two recent, separate Grand Jury decisions not to indict white police officers who killed unarmed black men.
Protestors host a die-in in Cambridge on Friday evening to protest the two recent, separate Grand Jury decisions not to indict white police officers who killed unarmed black men. By Thomas W. Franck

RaceCambridgeCambridge PoliceHarvard YardProtestsHighlight