Jasmine Griffin ’15 and Michael J. Burton

By Laura K. Reston, Crimson Staff Writer

Concentration: Applied Mathematics

House: Mather

Hometowns: Centennial, CO and North Salt Lake, UT

Dating since: April 2014

Where you met: The [Latter Day Saints] Church congregation in Boston

When you got engaged and married: Engaged in January 2015, married in May 2015

Most memorable date: On our first date, we went to the [Museum of Fine Arts] on a double date. Michael prepared a picture scavenger hunt with only pictures of paintings, and we raced the other couple to find each painting in the museum and take a picture in front posing the same way as the subjects of the paintings. We worked together seamlessly, and came away the quicker of the couples.

Three words to describe yourselves as a couple: Laughter, teamwork, and long walks

What your friends would say about you: People always tell us they can tell when we’re close by, because you can hear our laughter from rooms away. They also say we complete each other (or rather, have started to completely become each other over time). At our wedding luncheon, one of my roommates remarked “you’re even starting to laugh like each other!”

Something you’ve always wanted to tell people: We’ve discovered that relationships are the most important things in this life: our relationship with our families, our friends, and with God.

An anecdote that captures your relationship: After going to all-you-can eat sushi for lunch, as we were walking back to Mather, Michael stopped me and asked if we could make a surprise stop. As we turned the corner of JFK and Mt. Auburn, he slipped into the flower shop and spontaneously bought me a beautiful bouquet of pink tulips! The flowers sat on my window sill for a week, bringing a huge smile to my face as I remembered the spontaneous surprise each time I saw them.

In 15 minutes you are: Cleaning up wrapping paper from the wedding gifts we just opened

In 15 years you are: Somewhere in California, playing with our children, designing military aircraft, and still laughing just as hard

WeddingsSenior Section 2015