After scoring their final touchdown, teammates Jackson R. Hartje ‘20 and Raymond Hunt ‘21 shake hands as they congratulate each other on their victory against Yale, ultimately leading to a final score of 48-22.

The Other Game

By Quinn G. Perini
After scoring their final touchdown, teammates Jackson R. Hartje ‘20 and Raymond Hunt ‘21 shake hands as they congratulate each other on their victory against Yale, ultimately leading to a final score of 48-22. By Quinn G. Perini

The night before Harvard triumphantly beat Yale 45-27 at Fenway Park, two Harvard intramural teams faced the Yale Bulldogs in the flag football championship, taking place at the historic home of the Crimson: Harvard Stadium. Freshman dorm Weld and upperclassman house Mather came ready to play, each representing Harvard in full stride with Weld wearing their dorm T-shirts and Mather wearing full crimson.

By Quinn G. Perini

Teammates of Weld wait at the line of scrimmage as they get ready to play.

Michael Pankowski ‘22 looks down field as get gets ready to throw the ball.

After catching a pass from QB Michael Pankowski ‘22, Luis R. Suarez ‘22 barely escapes an opposing player as he runs down the field.

Luis R. Suarez ‘22 celebrates as he scores his first touchdown of the night, running over 40 yards down the field.

Spencer T. Carter ‘22 leaps in the air as he catches the ball, ultimately scoring a touchdown for Weld. Although Weld had a strong start, they were unable to hold off Yale’s more dominant freshman flag football team, losing 24-12.

After a loss to Yale in the freshman IM flag football game, Mather house took on Yale in full force, ready for revenge.

Jackson R. Hartje ‘20 dodges a Yale opponent as he charges down the field.

Confusion arises as the Yale running back continues to run down field even though his flag has been torn off. Harvard’s Philip A. Geanakoplos ‘21 (bottom left) tracks down the running back as defenders look shocked, throwing their arms in the air as the play continues. Fans and teammates watch on the sidelines as the flag (middle) drops to the ground.

Harvard’s Raymond Hunt ‘21 drives down the field as he runs past the surrounding enemy players.

Raymond Hunt ‘21 breathes a sigh of relief as he walks out of the endzone after scoring a touchdown for Mather house, bringing the score to 27-21.

Jackson R. Hartje ‘20 (left) sets up as he gets ready to throw the ball, eventually targeting Philip A. Geanakoplos ‘21 (right) who jumps in the air and catches the ball as the defender tries to swat it down.

After going face to face with Yale in the intramural rivalry games, Harvard was able to take away a win as Mather house reigned victorious.

Intramural Sports