‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

HUHS Overnight Urgent Care to Return to Smith Campus Center

HUHS overnight urgent care will return to the Smith Campus Center Wednesday.
HUHS overnight urgent care will return to the Smith Campus Center Wednesday. By Megan M. Ross
By Ahab Chopra and Ashley M. Cooper, Crimson Staff Writers

Director of Harvard University Health Services Paul J. Barreira announced that HUHS overnight urgent care services will return to the Smith Campus Center for the fall semester in an email to University affiliates Wednesday.

Overnight urgent care services have been located at Pound Hall in the HUHS Law School Clinic for  the past two years while the Smith Center undergoes renovations.

“I appreciate the patience and understanding of our community while overnight services were temporarily relocated, and I look forward to bringing these services back home to HUHS in the Smith Campus Center,” Barreira wrote.

Beginning Wednesday morning at 7:30 a.m, all urgent care services will officially be housed in the campus center and the overnight services at Pound Hall will permanently close.

Urgent care services will continue to be offered 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.

The Smith Campus Center is set to reopen in September 2018 after a renovation that will leave the building with more social and study spaces for University affiliates, new food venues, and a more sustainable design.

—Staff writer Ahab Chopra can be reached at ahab.chopra@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @ahab_chopra

—Staff writer Ashley M. Cooper can be reached at ashley.cooper@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @ashleymcooper_

HealthUniversitySmith Campus Center