The Game Set to Return to Harvard Stadium in 2020

The field for this year's iteration of the Harvard-Yale football game at Fenway Park.
The field for this year's iteration of the Harvard-Yale football game at Fenway Park. By Courtesy of David Mellor and Staff
By Joseph W. Minatel, Crimson Staff Writer

Following a brief hiatus, The Game will once again be played in the historic Harvard Stadium in 2020.

The Harvard football team has announced its schedule for the upcoming 2020 season, and along with it the location of the 137th playing of The Game. While last year’s contest was held at the Yale Bowl per tradition, Harvard’s hosting of the event in 2018 was located in Boston at the historic home of the Red Sox, Fenway Park. In 2020, however, The Game will return to a more familiar historic stadium.

The storied rivalry is the third-most played in Division I football, and the historic event broke tradition by playing at Fenway Park. The two academic powerhouses trade hosting the event each year, and Harvard’s turn in 2020 will once again be a true home game for the Crimson.

Harvard will also start its season at home, hosting Georgetown on September 19th to kick off the year. As in past seasons, the Crimson’s first Ivy League matchup will take place in its second week against Brown, this year on the road.

Harvard’s remaining road contests are against Cornell, Lafayette, Dartmouth, and Penn. The Crimson will host Holy Cross, Princeton, and Columbia in addition to its home games against Brown and Yale.

—Staff writer Joseph W. Minatel can be reached at joseph.minatel@thecrimson.com.

FootballSports Front Feature