Pi’erre Bourne Concert Review: ‘Good Movie World Tour’ at Boston’s House of Blues

On Sep. 26, Grammy Award winning producer and rapper Pi’erre Bourne visited Boston’s House of Blues as a pit stop on his “Good Movie World Tour.”
On Sep. 26, Grammy Award winning producer and rapper Pi’erre Bourne visited Boston’s House of Blues as a pit stop on his “Good Movie World Tour.” By Courtesy of CIAN (@sweetcian)
By Najya S. Gause, Contributing Writer

On Sept. 26, Grammy Award winning producer and rapper Pi’erre Bourne visited Boston’s House of Blues as a pit stop on his “Good Movie World Tour.” The tour is promoting his Sept. 2 release, “Good Movie,” the follow up to his 2021 sophomore album, “The Life of Pi’erre 5.” Despite the album having been released for only a little over three weeks, loyal fans screamed all the words to Pi’erre’s newest songs. Sporting a comfortable flannel and casual black pants, the producer-rapper effortlessly captured his audience’s attention.

A whopping four openers entertained the antsy crowd as it waited for Pi’erre to take the stage. Trill, Jelly, Chavo, and Sharc – members of Pi’erre Bourne’s record label SossHouse – got fans hyped up, urging them to jump and even asking them to “open up six mosh pits.” After four exciting performances, an eager audience begged Pi’erre to come out on stage, chanting his well-known producer tag, “Yo Pi’erre, you wanna come out here?” The talkative crowd suddenly hushed and then screamed as the stage lights turned purple and Pi’erre finally made his appearance.

Pi’erre started off his set with a number of high-energy songs off of “Good Movie,” such as “Sosshouse Party” and “Psane (feat. Don Toliver),” which had the crowd going crazy. The lively atmosphere only fueled his performance as he interacted with the audience, walking across the stage and taking videos on his fans’ phones. He balanced out this energy with slower, more mellow beats like “Where You Going,” which the audience enjoyed with the lights off and iPhone flashlights on. The most energetic part of the concert was, of course, when he played his older, more well-known hits such as “Practice”, “Switching Lanes”, and “Poof” from “The Life of Pi’erre 5” and “The Life of Pi’erre 4”. His iconic lyrics could be heard loud and clear amidst the several mosh pits forming in the crowd. True connection could be seen not only between Pi’erre and his fans, but also between the fans themselves. The immaculate vibe was evident as strangers could be spotted dancing and singing the words to each other, lost in the magic of Pi’erre’s beats.

Halfway through the show, Pi’erre stepped away from the stage to delight his audience with some bangers that he produced, such as Playboi Carti’s “Magnolia” and Lil Uzi Vert’s “Bean (Kobe) [feat. Chief Keef].” Fans did not miss a beat, moshing and jumping around so much it felt like the room was shaking. Chavo also made a surprising reappearance on stage, performing “Left Right Wrist” — produced by Pi’erre — among other hits.

To close the evening, Pi’erre came back on stage to close out his show with beloved numbers “4U” and “Drunk & Nasty (feat. Sharc)” from “Life of Pi’erre 5”, which ended the night on a high. Fans left the House of Blues with full hearts and ringing ears.

MusicArts