By Courtesy of Stella A. Gilbert

In Photos: Sound On Sound 2023

Sound on Sound Music Festival returned for its second year in Bridgeport, CT, with 17 bands performing across two days.
By Stella A. Gilbert

Sound on Sound Music Festival returned for its second year in Bridgeport, CT, with 17 bands performing across two days. With performers such as John Mayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hozier, and Alanis Morissette, the festival drew in a large crowd of attendees to enjoy the weekend of music, local food and beverages, and even a ferris wheel in the expansive Seaside Park.

By Courtesy of Stella A. Gilbert

Hozier plays guitar during his Sunday evening performance to ethereal lighting and starry skies.

After days of storms, Sound on Sound day 2 finally brought sunny weather and ferris wheel rides featuring sights of the main stage.

Lead guitarist of Phish Trey Anastasio brought a renewed energy to Sound on Sound, playing his set with a background of colorful lights.

John Mayer headlines the festival in his hometown of Bridgeport, CT, delivering previously untold stories to adoring fans.

Hozier’s accompanying singers perform on the hazy blue stage, providing new live harmonies to his well-known hits.

Cautious Clay plays saxophone during his Sunday afternoon set, demonstrating an impressive musicality that won over new fans.

Margo Price sways with her microphone, shaking a tambourine and delivering powerful ballads.

Hozier points to the crowd as he speaks to the audience in between songs, a powerful stage presence with impressive range.

—Staff writer Stella A. Gilbert can be reached at stella.gilbert@thecrimson.com.

MusicArtsPhoto Essay