10 Snubs from the Era’s Tour Setlist

Taylor Swift performs onstage.
Taylor Swift performs onstage. By Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons / Raph_PH
By Maxi Duncan, Crimson Staff Writer

On March 17, Taylor Swift began her highly anticipated The Eras Tour, debuting a setlist of 44 songs spanning her entire discography. Yes, you read that correctly. Forty. Four. Songs. The setlist covered some of her biggest hits like “Love Story” as well as surprising deep cuts such as “tolerate it.” Yet, even with a nearly perfect setlist, some of her best and most loved songs didn’t make the cut. Here are 10 songs that were painfully snubbed from the Era’s Tour setlist.

1. “Our Song”

“Our Song”

Swift not giving her debut self-titled album its own section is understandable due to her expansive discography. But as one of her most iconic country songs to date, “Our Song” deserved a moment to shine.

1. “The Way I Loved You”

“The Way I Loved You”

A very underrated album track with an infectious chorus simply meant to be played in a stadium, “The Way I Loved You” was overshadowed by the sheer number of hits from 2008’s “Fearless.” The song sends you on a rollercoaster of emotions that Swift would have executed perfectly for the audience. Ultimately, even the song's resurgence on TikTok wasn’t enough to earn it a spot on the setlist.

1. The entire “Speak Now” album

The entire “Speak Now” album

Every “Speak Now” stan’s face dropped when Swift moved onto the “Red” era after performing just one song — “Enchanted” — from “Speak Now.” No “Sparks Fly?” No “Mine?” No “Long Live?” To not give the stadium a chance to sing “I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you” is an actual travesty. Justice must be had for Swift’s most underrated album.

1. “I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version)”

“I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version)”

Yes, Swift performing another vault track is unrealistic but let's be delusional for a second. The theatrics of the song would translate perfectly into the high production of the Era’s tour. Imagine the on-screen visuals: the silver-spoon gated community; The living room dancing and kitchen table bills; The million dollar couch. The vision is clear.

1. “Out of the Woods”

“Out of the Woods”

The vocals that Swift gives every time she plays this song live demand a spot on the setlist. Not to mention that the track contains one of the best bridges Swift has ever written – and yet it was paid dust.

1. “Getaway Car”

“Getaway Car”

We’ve all seen the iconic video of the song’s bridge being created and the power it holds. The storytelling is a highlight from “Reputation” drawing a clear picture of her jumping into a new relationship in order to escape an old one through the clever imagery of a getaway car.

1. “I Think He Knows”

“I Think He Knows”

Imagine Swift strutting down the enormous stage while singing “He got my heartbeat skipping down 16th Avenue.” Paired with cute choreography on the chorus, it’s a track that would’ve been legendary.

1. “the 1”

“the 1”

Though the “Folklore” portion of the tour was the longest out of all the eras, the absence of this song was still felt. The iconic opening line — “I'm doing good, I'm on some new shit” — and the instrumentals which evoke images of a forest, immediately make this song one of her best album openers. Playing at least the first verse and chorus would have made the show just that much better.

1. “long story short”

“long story short”

The most upbeat song on “evermore” deserved its moment. The drums that start right as the chorus kicks in are phenomenal. Particularly given that “evermore” is one of the more mellow segments of the concert, this song would have been a great way to bring the energy up.

10. “You’re on Your Own, Kid”

Though Swift often leans toward fun pop songs for the closing song on her tours, this song could’ve been an amazing exception. It perfectly encapsulates the concept of the Era’s tour as the song describes Swift’s journey through her career. Singing this song to a stadium of fans and celebrating that she really did give her blood, sweat, and tears for this would have been beautiful.

—Staff writer Maxi Duncan can be reached at maxi.duncan@thecrimson.com.

MusicArts