Actress Annette Bening was honored as the Hasty Pudding’s 2024 Woman of the Year with a parade through Harvard Yard.
Actress Annette Bening was honored as the Hasty Pudding’s 2024 Woman of the Year with a parade through Harvard Yard. By Marina Qu

In Photos: Hasty Pudding Honor Actors Annette Bening and Barry Keoghan

Entering their 175th season, the Hasty Pudding Theatrical Company celebrated Barry Keoghan and Annette Bening as their Man and Woman of the Year.
By Crimson Multimedia Staff

Actor Barry Keoghan and actress Annette Bening were honored as the Hasty Pudding’s Man and Woman of the Year this past week. The ceremonies kicked off on Friday with Keoghan’s roast at Farkas Hall. Bening was honored on Tuesday with a parade through Harvard Yard, followed by her roast that evening.

By Briana Howard Pagán

Barry Keoghan, pictured here receiving his Pudding Pot, recently starred in the Golden Globe-nominated movie “Saltburn.” He is also known for his roles in “Eternals,” a 2021 Marvel film, and “The Banshees of Inisherin.”

The Man and Woman of the Year title is given to “performers who have made lasting and impressive contributions to the world of entertainment.” In Hasty Pudding tradition, Keoghan accepted the Pudding Pot following his roast.

Bening’s acting career spans four decades, through which she has amassed two Golden Globe awards, two Tony nominations, and five Academy Awards.

While past Woman of the Year parades were held in Harvard Square, this year’s parade took place in Harvard Yard after scheduling conflicts with the original honoree, Maya Rudolph, caused it to be delayed. The festivities began near Lehman Hall and concluded at the Science Center.

The Blue Man Group, known for their mute performances, offered polaroids and danced along with the crowd.

Hasty Pudding Theatricals presented Bening with her award outside the Science Center, and she accompanied the company in their quintessential kickline.

The celebrations marked the opening of HPT 175: “Heist Heist Baby,” which premiered on Friday, February 2.

CollegeStudent GroupsStudent LifeCollege LifeHasty Pudding TheatricalsPhoto Essay