Tweets of the Week: Inspiration, Shoutouts, and Crimson Pride

By Kayla R Hollingsworth, Contributing Writer

Harvard’s pride, tradition, and ability to push student athletes to perform at their best were seen in the inspiration and shoutouts that spotlighted Tweets this Week.

The typical start to the week: a movie and some miracles.

5. Ashley Bruce, Harvard alum

“36 years ago today #DoYouBelieveInMiracles”

The inspiration came from the screen to reality when the support for Harvard teams and athletes, on and off the field, were shouted out.

4. Timothy Brown, Harvard alum

“Great to see Coach Cleary at Harvard hockey games. Olympian, star player and coach of the 1989 NCAA Champs, go Billy”

“Last night Harvard hockey played an exceptionally hard fought game against Cornell. Great goals by Sean Malone and Seb Lloyd”

Paying it forward.

3. Seb Lloyd, sophomore, men’s ice hockey

Shoutout to @HarvardLacrosse start the year off right with a big win vs. Nova! #theboys

2. Marisa Romeo, freshman, women’s lacrosse

“Robert Romeo: @HARVARDWLAX congratulations on great game today! And to #20…Long Road Back! We love you!!”

A final shoutout from Harvard Athletics reflects truly the life as and heart of a Harvard Student-Athlete.

1.Harvard Athletics, Harvard Crimson

“@dtrings22 & @HarvardHockey have committed thenselves to bettering the community biy.ly/1QnigAe #AroundTheYard #LifeAsAHarvardStudent-Athlete”

Doses of motivation and a spoonfool of retweets, makes the hardwork worth it. Here’s a few more bonus ones:

4. Katey Stone, head coach for women’s ice hockey

“Winners build on mistakes. Losers dwell on them. -Arnold Mori @Coach Motto”

3. Ashley Murphy, Harvard alum

“The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years. -Thomas Jefferson @wwp #GetMoving#MorningMotivation”

2. Chris Roy, Harvard alum

“I’ve always been a strong believer in the mindset in sports and that a lot of games are actually won or lost before you step onto the ice. As coaches we like to talk strategy and style of play. But the game is still based on passion and energy. -Sullivan @NCAAHOCKEYCOACHES”

1. Rob Rassey, Assistant Hockey Coach

“Babcock: ‘Everyone thinks superstars got real good skill, but superstars have more heart, more soul, more drive training than other guys.’ @markhmasters”

Sports Blog