The Bust of Longfellow.

The two replicas of the bust of Longfellow now occupying a position in poet's Corner at Westminster Abbey, have arrived in Boston, on the steamship Samaria. One of these duplicates, it will be remembered, is to become the property of Harvard; the other will be presented to the Historical Society of Portland, Maine. It is gratifying to know that the bust which we shall receive and guard among our treasures, is a magnificent production. It is made of marble and of course is an exact production of the bust in Westminster. As a work of art, the bust is superb, admirable as a likeness and composed of marble that is without a flaw. It shows the poet in his grandest form, the pose is easy and natural, and being a little larger than life to allow for its being slightly elevated, the effect is absolutely noble. The opinion concerning the bust is that as a work of art it is excelled by none other in the Abbey, and is the chef d'oeuvre of the sculptor, Thomas Brock, A, R. A. No greater expression of the high esteem with which the English people regard the memory of Longfellow could be shown than the placing of this bust in the Poets' Corner, he being the only person thus honored who was not a British-born subject.