CAMBRIDGE ELECTIONS TODAY

Candidates for Mayor and Other Municipal Positions to be Chosen.--Liquor License an Issue.

The Cambridge municipal elections will take place today between 6 A. M. and 4.30 P. M. No students will be eligible to vote unless they have already registered and are now on the regular voting list. The polling places nearest the University are the booths in Quincy square, in Ward 8, and the Ward Room, City Building, Brattle Square, in Ward 9.

An important point at issue at this election is the sale of liquor in Cambridge, where no such license has been allowed since 1886.

As a result of the primaries of February 17th, the following are candidates for Mayor: Arthur F. Blanchard, Progressive; Timothy W. Good, Democrat; Wendell D. Rockwood, Citizen's Municipal. An Assessor, a School Committee, eleven Aldermen and several members of the Common Council will also be elected.

Last year Mayor Barry, indorsed by the Citizens' Municipal party, defeated Blanchard by over 5,000 votes. Although last year's election saw a decrease of 800 votes in the no-license majority, and a gain of 200 votes for license it is generally predicted that the no-license policy will win again this year.