REGIMENT WILL REQUIRE THREE HOURS WEEKLY

COMMITTEE ANNOUNCED ARTICLES OF TENTATIVE ENROLMENT AGREEMENT.

The Student Council Committee on Military Affairs has prepared a tentative, enrolment plan for the University Regiment. According to the proposed plan, men who join must agree to devote three hours a week to drill and lectures and to prepare a monthly solution to a map problem. Two hours each week will be devoted to drill and a lecture will take up the remaining hour.

The enrolment agreement is given below as worked out by the Committee, and embodies the general, although not necessarily the final, plan. The Committee desires any suggestions or criticisms to be sent to the Harvard Regiment in care of the CRIMSON. Following is the tentative agreement:

"1. I hereby agree to enroll in the companies of the Harvard Regiment. In doing this, I promise to devote three hours a week, arranged so as to interfere in no way with my college work, to military instruction including both theoretical and practical work. I further agree, each month, to prepare and hand in a solution to a map problem in the correspondence course conducted by the United States Army.

"2. It is understood that I freely subject myself to obey and respect all officers that may be appointed over me by proper authority, while receiving such military instruction and while enrolled in the Harvard Regiment:

"3. It is further understood, that if I absent myself from any of the drills, or other instruction without an excuse acceptable to the disciplinary committee, my name for the first offense, will be posted upon the bulletin board of the Regiment and for the second offense. I will be dropped from the rolls of the Regiment and my name shall be published in the CRIMSON.

"4. I shall endeavor, to the best of my ability, to attend, and will encourage others to attend the camps of military instruction to be held during the summer of 1916.

"5. My enrolment, under this agreement, expires May 31, 1916."