COSMOPOLITAN CLUBS TO CONVENE DURING RECESS

Ninth Annual Convention of Association will Be Held Here From Dec, 27 to 30 Inclusive.

The ninth annual convention of the Association of Cosmopolitan Clubs will be held this year under the auspices of the Harvard Cosmopolitan Club in Cambridge, from December 27 to December 30. The president of the association is G. W. Nasmyth 3G., who has an international reputation in the cosmopolitan student movement.

The Association of Cosmopolitan Clubs was founded at the University of Wisconsin in 1906 and has now 34 chapters in the most prominent American universities. It is affiliated with the "Corda Fratres," or International Federation of Students, a world organization with branches in 20 countries, About half the members of the American branch are Americans, of both sexes. This is the second time the convention has been held in the East, the first instance being at the University of Pennsylvania there years ago. Last year the convention was held at Ohio State University.

The schedule of events has been arranged as follows:

December 27.

3.00,--Meetings of Directors, Auditing Committee and Credentials Committee, Holyoke 7-8.

8.00,--Reception of Welcome, Philips Brooks House, Speakers: P. A. y Campos '16, President Cosmopolitan Club; G. W. Nasmyth 3G., Dean B. S. Hurlburt, Governor David I. Walsh of Massachusetts, and Suh Hu, of Columbia University.

December 28.

9.30,--Report of committees and officers.

11.30,--Admission of new chapters. Reports of committees and officers.

2.00,--Discussion of Asiatic relations, led by Professor F. G. Peabody 69, Holyoke 7-8.

4.30,--Reception by Professor Hugo Munsterberg at his home, 7 Ware street.

8.00,--Discussion, "Cosmopolitanism and Democracy." Speakers: Dr. S. M. Crothers '99, minister of First Unitarian church, Cambridge, and Charles Fleischer, leader of the Sunday Commons. Holyoke 7-8.

December 29.

9.30,--"International Exchange of Students and Professors." Speakers: Professor Hugo Munsterberg, Dean A. E. Burton of Technology, C. D. Hurry, secretary committee to promote friendly relations among foreign students, and A. E. Searns, headmaster of Andover Academy. Appointment of committee. Holyoke 7-8.

4.30,--Reception by Phillips Brooks House.

8.00,--"Strengthening the Cosmopolitan Movement." Speakers: F. B. Foulk 1G., editor of "The Cosmopolitan Student," and Dr. John Mez, president of the International Federation of Students, Central Committee. Appointment of committee on strengthening the cosmopolitan movement. Holyoke 7-8.

December 30.

9.30,--Committee meetings.

11.00,--Discussion of Pan-American Relations. Mr. T. F. Anderson.

2.00,--Committee reports and elections. Holyoke 7-8.

4.30,--Meeting in Phillips Brooks House. "The Cosmopolitanism of Religion," by Dr. F. G. Peabody '69.

8.00,--Annual Banquet Speakers: Governor-elect Samuel Walker McCall of Massachusetts, and Dr. George Gordon, Pastor of Old South Church, Boston.