FARNSWORTH MEMORIAL IN WIDENER TO BE DEDICATED

PARENTS OF H. W. FARNSWORTH '12 DONATE NEW ADDITION TO LIBRARY.

The Farnsworth Room in the Widener Library will be formally dedicated at a reception tomorrow afternoon a 3 o'clock and will be opened to all members of the University at the conclusion of the exercises. The room will be open thereafter from 9 o'clock in the morning to 10 at night on week-days and from 1 to 10 o'clock Sundays.

The Farnsworth Room is intended to give a pleasant and quiet opportunity for general reading,--of reading as distinguished from study. The collection at present consists mainly of English literature, but foreign literature, travel history and biography are also well represented. The books are to be used only in the room. Other copies of most of the books in the new room can be obtained for our side reading through the Delivery Desk on the second floor.

The room is a memorial to Henry Weston Farnsworth '12 who, s a soldier of the Foreign Legion in France, was killed at Tahure in September, 1916. The donors of this new addition to the Library are his parents, William Farnsworth '77 and Mrs. Farnsworth, of Boston. The greater part of the books have been given by Mr. and Mrs. Farnsworth or by their fiends; other come from the library of Franklin Haven '57, of Boston, given to the Widener Library by his sister, Miss Mary E. Haven.