CAMPAIGN TO AID SOLDIERS

"SMILEAGE BOOKS" ON SALE TO FINANCE THEATRICALS OF CAMPS.

In company with the nation-wide "drive" for the sale of the "Smileage Books," a campaign to aid in this sale has been organized in the University. This week and part of next have been designated by the Military Entertainment Council for the special sale of these books and the students of the University have been asked by the Council to back the "drive" as they have backed the Liberty Loan and Red Cross campaigns. Posters are being distributed by a committee apointed for this work and the "Smileage Books" will be placed on sale at the CRIMSON Building on Plympton street today.

The "Smileage Books" are printed in two sizes, one containing 20 five-cent coupons and costing $1, the other containing 100 five-cent coupons and costing $5. These books will admit the soldier to whom they are given to the various entertainments at the camps. Large theatres and tents have been put up especially for this purpose in the 32 National Army and National Guard cantonments in which regular theatrical companies will give regular shows. Vaudeville from Keith's circuit by special companies who will play only at the camps will be provided for the soldiers, together with the best concerts, movies and lectures. The cost of admission to these performances will vary from two to five coupons, depending the cost of producing the show.