ADDISON WILL BE ACTING MASTER OF KIRKLAND HOUSE

Master Given Leave of Absence Because of Illness -- Addison Will Live in Master's Lodgings

James Thayer Addison, Professor of the History of Religion and Missions at the Episcopal Theological School, will serve as acting Master of Kirkland House during the academic year 1932-33, it was announced yesterday at University Hall. During his incumbency as acting Master Addison will live in residence in the Master's House; E. A. Whitney '17, associate professor of History and Literature, Master of the House, will be on leave of absence during the academic year, on account of ill health.

Addison, who has been an Associate of the House, was appointed at a meeting of the Corporation on Monday; the announcement was made at the regular meeting of the Faculty yesterday afternoon. As acting Master he will be assisted in the administration of the House by D. V. Brown '25, instructor in Economics, Senior Tutor. Other associates are C. P. Curtis, Jr. '13; W. S. Ferguson, McLean Professor of Ancient and Modern History; J. T. Murray '99, professor of English; Andre Morize, professor of French Literature; G. B. Edgell '09, professor of Fine Arts; G. P. Winship '93, lecturer on the History of Printing; and Ludlow Griscom, Research Curator in Zoology.