Harry Laidler To Speak For Liberal Club Meeting Soon

Speaker is Famous Director of Industrial Democracy League

Henry W. Laidler, Executive Director of the League for Industrial Democracy, will speak for the Liberal Club on Thursday evening in the Lowell House Common Room. Dr. Laidler, who is a well-known lecturer and author, and who has been connected for many years with the Socialist movement, will speak on "Insecurity and the Way Out."

The Liberal Club has recently elected an Executive Committee which hopes to be able to determine the policy of the club. This Executive Council consists of: Raymond Dennett '36, President; Comstock Glaser '35, Secretary; George C. Edwards 1G., Treasurer; Malcolm S. Knowles '34, who is the Chairman of the Peace Committee; and A. Kellogg Philbrick '35, who is a representative of the National Student League.

Recently six deputations have been sent out by the club to attempt to foster pacifism among the younger people in America; four have tried the churches, one has already spread its propaganda in Wheaton College at Norton, and the sixth will speak tonight at the Cambridge Y. W. C. A. More active than in previous years the Liberal Club has been able to increase its numbers to fifty-five, a 366 per cent increase over last year's membership.