University's Private Mump Epidemic Reported On Wane

Only One Case Yesterday Total Now At 21; Freshmen

In the wake of the present Mumps epidemic, a disease prevalent among children, of 21 cases, 17 Yardlings have been confined to bed, it was learned from Dr. Arlie V. Bock Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene, yesterday.

In a separate building at Stillman Infirmary, 19 of the swollen-checked students are isolated from the rest of the patients, filling the entire top floor, and several beds on the next story, while two men have been removed to their homes. According to Professor Bock, none of the cases has developed complications.

Although the State as a whole reported only 174 cases of Mumps for the past week in comparison with 576 for the same period last year, University Hygiene department reported only six cases of Mumps during the entire school year of 1936-37 while the present epidemic has included 21 students.

For frantic friends of the patients, yearing that they will wake up with the Mumps any morning, Professor Bock was highly encouraging. The epidemic is apparently on the wane with only one case being reported yesterday, while four were confined on Sunday. In addition, anyone who has previously had Mumps is almost immune from a reoccurrence of the disease.