ANTI-WAR CHEST DRIVE ANNOUNCED BY STUDENT UNION

TO FIGHT WAR

Announced by the Harvard Student Union after its executive meeting last night is a new drive to raise funds for a national Anti-War Chest to be used in the cause of peace.

G. Robert Stange '41 of Lowell House is in charge of the Harvard drive which will consist of the sale of "peace bonds" intended to supplant the Liberty Bonds of the last war.

Stange said, "Instead of spending money for continuing a senseless war, the investors in the peace bonds will be contributing to making an allied front of inside information on the futility of a new one."

With the anti-war chest, which is expected to reach $10,000 in the national sale, the National Student Union plans to do more of its pacifist work in the South and Southwest, virtually virgin territory for this sort of campaigning.

At Harvard a complicated house organization of H. S. U. members is conducting the sale, and plans are being considered to show moving pictures as a further method of revenue. The proposal of a dance has been definitely rejected because of the inevitable conflicts which would occur with House dances.

The H. S. U. also plans to sponsor the sale of the lapel buttons inscribed, "The Yanks Are Not Coming," originated in a West Coast maritime union.

The National Student Union plans to establish a center of uncensored information from the student organizations in the warring countries of Europe and Asia.