Famed Ibis on Top of Lampoon Building Vanishes During Night

Strange Metal Bird Stolen, no Clues Left

Lampy's most invulnerable Ibis, the greenish one on a pole atop the Lampoon Building on Mt. Auburn Street, has disappeared, it was learned on unimpeachable authority early this morning.

The strange metal bird which has gazed down on the Gold Coast over since the building was erected near the turn of the century was neatly cut from its moorings, leaving the rest of the long, pipe-like structure which supported it untouched. The information was received at this office at too late an hour for Lampoon editors to be questioned regarding who they think the agile culprit may be; however, Yard police said they had found no clues or hints as to the thief or thieves' identities.

No Violence

It was reported that Lampy's doors and windows remained unshattered, indicating that the purloiners must have played a "human fly" role, climbing up the outside of the fantastic edifice on the Bow-Mt. Auburn Street delta.

Informed sources were unable to account for the theft, although they pointed out that the only possible motive for the act might be publicity for Lampy's parody of "Time" which recently appeared on the newsstands.

An official CRIMSON statement by the Managing Editor, Peter Dammann '42, disclaimed all responsibility for the prank.

Lampy's other more vulnerable Ibis, Arthur W. Viner '42, returning at dawn from one of his customary all night excursions, replied when asked for a statement: "..... it; we .... well are going to get those ..... of ..... and when we do we'll obscenity in the milk of their obscenity."

A report from an unidentified passerby to the effect that an unidentified person was seen late last night throwing a coil of rope out of a fourth story window of Adams House was discounted as pure myth.