University Graduated 513 Men in February

The University announced yesterday the awarding of 513 degrees to students who were graduated in February from the College and Graduate Schools of Arts and Sciences, Design, Education, Business Administration, and Public Administration.

Three hundred and thirty-two degrees were awarded in the College, of which 312 were Bachelors of Arts, 75 with honors, and 20 were Bachelors of Sciences degrees, three with honors.

In the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, 147 degrees were awarded, of which there were 103 Masters of Arts, three Masters of Science, 33 Doctors of Philosophy, and eight Masters of Arts in Teaching. The graduate School of Design awarded ten degrees, the Graduate School of Education 13, the Graduate School of Business Administration conferred one, and the Graduate School of Public Administration, ten.

Students who were graduated Summa cum Laude are Bille C. Carlson '45 (Physics), Milo L. Heideman '47 (Bio-chemical Sciences), Howard S. Hibbett, Jr. '44, (Far Eastern Languages), Walter J. Johnson, Jr. '44 (Engineering Sciences and Applied Physics) and Robert M. Solow '44 (Economics).

Those who were awarded degrees Magna cum Laude are Theodore S. Baer '44 (Economics)--with highest honors, Marvin A. Finkelstein '47 (Government), George R. Hooper '45 (Economics), Robert L. Koehl '44 (History), Roger B. Lazerus '46 (History), Raymond R. Schiff '47 (Physics), Charles G. Sellers, Jr. '45 (History and Literature), Louis E. Smart, Jr. '45 (Economics), and Francis L. Wiener '47 (History and Literature)