Jackie Robinson to Participate in Student Council Forum on Baseball

Jackie Robinson, outstanding Brooklyn Dodger second baseman, will discuss the relationship between college and professional baseball at the eighth Student Council forum at 4:30 p.m. Monday in Emerson D, Richard T. Button '52, head of the Council's Public Relations Committee, announced yesterday.

The panel of speakers also includes Jeff Jones, Boston Braves scout, Crimson baseball coach Stuffy McInnis, and John G. Caulfield '50, captain of this year's baseball team. Jim Britt, local radio and television favorite, will moderate.

Robinson, most valuable National League player last season, will compare his baseball experiences at UCLA with the present Harvard baseball situation. Jones will talk about the problems connected with scouting college teams for the major leagues. The panel will also consider the effect of the eligibility rule on college athletes playing professional ball during the summer and the lack of interest in college baseball.

Members of the panel will answer questions from the floor in an open discussion period. Following this, movies of the 1949 World Series will be shown.