CHANGE IN SIGN-OUTS OK'D

The Radcliffe Government Association's proposal for liberalizing the signout requirements has been officially approved--more or less.

Juniors will be allowed to sign out until any hour next fall, according to President Bunting, who approved the new rules after consultations with students, deans, and members of the Radcliffe Council. If the new system works, the RGA may extend this privilege to sophomores.

The original RGA proposal would have permitted any girl past the first eight weeks of her sophomore year to have unlimited sign-out privileges.

Under the rules now in effect, all girls except seniors must ask permission to remain out later than 1 a.m.

Last week, in a student referendum, 'Cliffies approved the RGA proposal by a 500-200 margin. "In a sense," Mrs. Bunting said yesterday, "this decision honors both opinions, since the best chances of success for extending these privileges will come by changing gradually and by evaluating results as we go along."

The proposed RGA constitution will be voted upon by the Radcliffe Council on Monday.