Baha'is From Harvard Will Travel to London For World Centennial

Three Harvard Baha'is will fly to London this week to attend a five-day international Baha'i Jubilee, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the public declaration of Baha'u'llah, founder of the Baha'i faith.

Amin Banani, research fellow in the Center for Middle Eastern Studies, and Riaz Khadem and Roy Mottahedeh, both students at the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, will be among the 10,000 Baha'is arriving from all parts of the world. They will meet from April 28 to May 2 to offer thanks for the spread of the faith and to discuss how to spread it further.

"We'll probably decide where Baha'i missionaries are needed most, and then set up booths where people can sign up to go there," said Mrs. Sam G. McClellan, one of the seven Cambridge Baha'is accompanying the Harvard group.

Mrs. McClellan, who has been a Baha'i believer for ten years, said that she and her husband had moved here in order to "spread the faith in Cambridge." She does this, she said, through public meetings and "firesides," informal talks in her home. There are presently 16 Baha'is in Cambridge.

The religion was founded in 1857, and in April, 1863, Baha'u'llah announced to his followers that God had commissioned him to unite all the nations, races, and religions of the world. He then dispatch-