West Germany To Air Movie About Harvard

A documentary on Harvard for German educational television, entitled "A Harvard Love-Hate Story" and focusing on Lowell House, is currently under production.

The camera is currently following Winthrop G. Minot '73, through seminar, lecture, library and sports scenes.

The film, which is directed by Christopher Cortis of Great Britain, is a Franco-German co-production sponsored by the United States Information Agency for Bavarian TV in Munich. It will be shown approximately 12 times in England, France and Germany, beginning in late spring next year.

It is part of a series of ten half-hour shows titled "Spotlight USA" which includes programs on Minneapolis. Texas oil millionaires, the Mormons, and race problems in Washington, D.C.

"In this film we are trying to disprove the myth that American college students are all football players who can't read or write," Cortis said yesterday. "We also want to capture the quality of life at Harvard."

"The film has no formal script because we want to present the real situation of Harvard life and the feelings of our characters," Cortis said.

Prime sources of information and guidance for the film are Kenneth H. Levison. Lowell House assistant senior tutor, Deane Lord, director of the Harvard News Office, and Michael J. Ryan '72, the University's associate director of Information.