All-Ivy First Team: Petrovek, J. Hughes

Representing the old and the new of Harvard hockey, senior goalie Brian Petrovek and freshman defenseman Jack Hughes were named yesterday to the Ivy League all-star team.

The Crimson offense placed three on the squad with George Hughes receiving second team honors and Bill Hozack and Jon Schuster getting an honorable mention.

Petrovek's selection represents his return to All-Ivy honors after a one year absence. He was first team goalie as a sophomore in 1975.

Jack Hughes is the first freshman to be chosen for the all-league hockey squad. FIRST TEAM Brian Petrovek, Sr., Harvard  Goal Tim Bothwell, Jr., Brown  Defense Jack Hughes, Fr., Harvard  Defense Bill Gilligan, Sr., Brown  Forward Bob McIntosh, Sr., Brown  Forward Lance Nethery, So., Cornell  Forward

Recommended Articles

Forget Monday's Beanpot: Cornell 7, Harvard 4
The dramatic 4-2 Beanpot win over Boston College was only 48 hours old, but last night at Watson Rink Harvard's
Icemen Cool Feisty Princeton, 5-2
PRINCETON, N.J.--The Harvard icemen survived a physical final period by the Tigers of Princeton, and went on to a 5-2
Skaters Survive Third Period Friar Rally, 6-5
The Harvard hockey team is unbeaten in 1976--just barely. Providence College has been doing its damndest to end that string
Four Harvard Pucksters Named to All-N.E. Squad
The powerhouse Harvard hockey squad placed four men on the New England All-Star team. Voted to the first team were
Petrovek, Experienced Defense to Lead Skaters
When we last left the Harvard hockey team, it was a chilly March weekend and the icemen were finishing fourth
Crimson Skaters Blast Olympians, 5-2; Bell-Hughes-Purdy Line Scores Four
If last night is any indicator, the Russian hockey team won't have to worry much about the Americans at the