College GameDay Is Coming To Harvard-Yale

By Katherine H. Scott, Contributing Writer

Break out your paint, markers, colored pencils, and posters. College GameDay is coming to The Game.

On Sunday, ESPN announced that its weekly three-hour college football preview show will broadcast on the quad outside Dillon Field House before the undefeated Harvard football team faces Yale for the 131st time this Saturday, Nov. 22. The live show will air from 9 a.m. to noon EST.

Tapings for other ESPN programs will take place on Friday on the GameDay set and continue periodically throughout the day until 2:30 p.m.

GameDay’s appearances at Harvard and the Game will be firsts for the Emmy Award-winning program, which is in its 28th season. The show will be hosted by Chris Fowler alongside analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstriet, Desmond Howard and David Pollack, and reporting by Samantha Ponder, Tom Rinaldi, Scott Van Pelt, George Whitfield, and Gene Wojciechowski.

GameDay is the top-rated pre-game program for college football and averaged 1.83 million viewers during the 2013 season. The show features a tailgate party atmosphere in which hundreds of fans armed with colorful signs gather behind the main cameras.

Harvard last appeared on GameDay in 2002, when the Crimson faced off against UPenn in Philadelphia. Saturday will be only the second time the program has covered an Ivy League game.

On Saturday, the Crimson (9-0, 6-0 Ivy) will have a chance to clinch the outright Ivy title and finish its first undefeated season since 2004. A Yale (8-1, 5-1 Ivy) win would force Harvard to share the Ancient Eight crown.

Sports Blog