HUDS Names New Managing Director

By Jane Seo, Crimson Staff Writer

David P. Davidson will serve as the new managing director for Harvard University Dining Services, Harvard Campus Services announced on Thursday.

Davidson has been serving as interim director of HUDS since the departure of former Executive Director Ted A. Mayer this past June. Davidson will oversee the day-to-day operations of HUDS, which includes 13 undergraduate dining halls, a kosher kitchen, 14 retail outlets, Crimson Catering, and Crimson Cash. In total, HUDS serves approximately 25,000 meals a day.

In a press release, Davidson said he is thrilled to take on this new role.

“The HUDS program is a national leader and the envy of many colleges and universities,” Davidson said. “I am extremely proud of the reputation HUDS has built over the years and I’m looking forward to carrying on this tradition of excellence.”

Davidson first came to Harvard in 1991 when he was hired as general manager of the Dudley Café.  He served as associate director and director of operations for HUDS before going to Yale University as its director of dining. He then worked at the Back Bay Restaurant Group and the Phillips Exeter Academy before returning to Harvard in 2007.

“David is a broadly skilled manager with strong organizational, financial, client relations, and operational abilities,” said Vice President for Campus Services Lisa Hogarty. “I am particularly impressed with his breadth of experience in higher education dining, innovation and creativity, strong emphasis on customer service, and student focus. In addition, David is incredibly committed to sustainability, which is a central component of HUDS.”

The appointment of Davidson as managing director is effective immediately.

House LifeCollege LifeHUDS