Best of ShadrachSmith

By Sen Man Pak, Contributing Writer

“ShadrachSmith” is a mysterious commenter active in the comment sections of student publications across the Ivy League. He or she has made 21,286 comments since the creation of the account on April 12, 2010. ShadrachSmith’s comments can sometimes veer towards the offensive, and a fair number of them are not pertinent to the content of the articles. Here, we have picked out for your convenience a few of ShadrachSmith’s recent contributions in the comments section of The Harvard Crimson.

Headline: Medical School Study Sheds Light on Running Injuries

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Be a billionaire, build an exoskeleton for running. Simple truth: after x miles the impact destroys your meniscus, because you exceeded design parameters.

Headline: House Masters Now Called ‘Faculty Deans’

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: High Sparrow would be better :-)

Headline: Decoding Harvard’s Computer Science Gender Gap

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Women don't enroll in Calculus either. Is that Newton's fault? Women don't do coding because they don't want to. Why is that somebody else's fault?

Headline: School of Public Health Forum Calls for More Regulation of Contaminants

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Flint is the result of decades of corrupt one-party rule allowing the infrastructure to decay while they spent the money on salaries and perks.

Headline: Changing How We Think About Change

Section: Opinion

ShadrachSmith: For all I know Trump is a Hillary plant.

Headline: Law School Activists Occupy Student Center

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Dear Law Students,You are not representing an oppressed proletariat struggling to be free. There aren't any of those at Harvard, or even in America. You are just trying to earn your spurs in the larger Social Justice Warrior crusade against any/all forms of American cultural hegemony. Can we discuss the flaws in your justifications and conduct? I'm your huckleberry :-)

Headline: MIT Administrators Propose Change to House Master Title

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: The only reasonable complaint about the title Master is from people named Bates.

Headline: Students Aim to Reduce Meat Consumption During ‘Veguary’

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Did you know viable oat grains let out tiny screams when they are smushed for granola?

Headline: Yellow Fever

Section: Opinion

ShadrachSmith: As hard-core feminism spreads to more and more women in America, female robots are looking like a better investment every day.

Headline: Students Debate Merits, Pitfalls of Political Correctness

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Arguments from authority often fail on schism over the 'who gets to be High Sparrow?" question. I think there were even two popes for a while.

Headline: Endowment Returns Outpace National Average

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: Harvard could provide free tuition and Michelin star food 24/7 to every student. But the corp spends it on other things, why?

Headline: Medical School Begins Dean Search

Section: News

ShadrachSmith: The 'flipped' classroom assumes everybody shows up prepared, listened to the online lecture, and now we are here to empower Mastery. The speed bump is that not everybody always does the reading, hence, cliffsnotes.

ArtsCulture