Crimson staff writer

Omar Abdel Haq

Crimson staff writer Omar Abdel Haq can be reached at omar.abdelhaq@thecrimson.com.

Latest Content

Education Experts Discuss Strategies to Improve Individualized Learning

Education experts at the Harvard Graduate School of Education discussed the importance of rebuilding the education system to improve socioemotional learning and accommodate students of different socioeconomic backgrounds in a Wednesday webinar.

Harvard Experts Outline Critical Steps for School Reopenings at HGSE Event

Experts from the Harvard Graduate School of Education and Harvard School of Public Health said in a Wednesday event that Covid-safe school infrastructure and individual student support systems are critical to successful school reopenings during the pandemic.

HGSE Schools Event

The latest iteration of HGSE’s recurring webinar series “Education Now” on Wednesday focused on critical steps to successful school reopenings during the pandemic.

As Massachusetts Reopens, Harvard Square Businesses Regain Lost Momentum

After a year of uncertainty, Harvard Square business owners are looking forward to welcoming more tourists and students to the Square in the next few months, now that Covid-19 vaccines are readily available in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

As Massachusetts High Schoolers Return to In-Person Instruction, HGSE Experts See Challenges Ahead

Massachusetts students in lower grades returned to school buildings in early April, and middle school students followed suit a few weeks later. With the return of high school students on May 17, The Crimson interviewed multiple HGSE professors to understand the difficulties posed by the transition.

HGSE Education Now: Innovations in Global Education

Four members of the Council of Luminaries, a group of top education researchers, spoke at a Friday event held by the Harvard Graduate School of Education.