Crimson staff writer

Omar Abdel Haq

Crimson staff writer Omar Abdel Haq can be reached at omar.abdelhaq@thecrimson.com.

Latest Content

HGSE Ed Now Anti-Racism Photo

Clockwise from top left, Brookline High School teacher J. Malcolm Cawthorne, HGSE senior lecturer Jennifer P. Cheatham, journalist and radio producer Heidi Shin, and HGSE Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Tracie D. Jones discuss confronting racism in the school classroom during an HGSE webinar on Wednesday.

Graduate School of Education Increases Focus on Diversity and Inclusion, Admin Says

HGSE will expand its work on diversity and inclusion through intentional hiring and planning in its summer programming, HGSE Dean Bridget Terry Long and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Director Tracie D. Jones said.

As K-12 School Reopenings Continue, Educators Urge Reform to In-Person Education System

Over a year has passed since that initial transition, and experts in education policy, administration, and public health say the new challenge is safely shepherding students back into classrooms — and making the most of this pivotal moment.

HGSE Alumni of Color Discuss Education and Racial Inequities at Annual Conference

Harvard Graduate School of Education alumni and students discussed education’s intersection with racial inequality and socioeconomic disparities at a conference Saturday.

University Administrators Lay Out Lessons Learned for Future of Education in HGSE Panel

Administrators across Harvard reflected on how experiences from the pandemic-afflicted academic year would affect education in the years ahead in a Graduate School of Education webinar Friday.

GSE Future of Ed Panel

Counter-clockwise from top left, Graduate School of Education Dean Bridget Terry Long and Vice Provost for Advances in Learning Bharat N. Anand ’88 participate in a virtual panel moderated by Graduate School of Education lecturer Matthew L. Miller and hosted by the University Vice Provost for International Affairs Mark C. Elliot on Friday.

The Good, The Bad, and The Awkward: Faculty and Students Reflect on a Virtual Fall Semester

While the University’s decision to abruptly de-densify its campus in the spring gave little time to shift to virtual learning, faculty spent the summer making numerous adaptations to their courses, some of which clicked with students and others of which were met with less enthusiasm.