Crimson staff writer

Omar Abdel Haq

Crimson staff writer Omar Abdel Haq can be reached at omar.abdelhaq@thecrimson.com.

Latest Content

As Massachusetts High Schoolers Return to In-Person Instruction, HGSE Experts See Challenges Ahead

Massachusetts students in lower grades returned to school buildings in early April, and middle school students followed suit a few weeks later. With the return of high school students on May 17, The Crimson interviewed multiple HGSE professors to understand the difficulties posed by the transition.

HGSE Education Now: Innovations in Global Education

Four members of the Council of Luminaries, a group of top education researchers, spoke at a Friday event held by the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

HGSE Ed Now Anti-Racism Photo

Clockwise from top left, Brookline High School teacher J. Malcolm Cawthorne, HGSE senior lecturer Jennifer P. Cheatham, journalist and radio producer Heidi Shin, and HGSE Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Tracie D. Jones discuss confronting racism in the school classroom during an HGSE webinar on Wednesday.

Graduate School of Education Increases Focus on Diversity and Inclusion, Admin Says

HGSE will expand its work on diversity and inclusion through intentional hiring and planning in its summer programming, HGSE Dean Bridget Terry Long and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Director Tracie D. Jones said.

Graduate School of Education Plans to Reopen Campus in Fall, Resume Doctoral Admissions, Dean Says

The Harvard Graduate School of Education is “prioritizing” reopening its campus in the fall and plans to resume accepting applications to its doctoral program, HGSE Dean Bridget Terry Long said in an interview Monday.

As K-12 School Reopenings Continue, Educators Urge Reform to In-Person Education System

Over a year has passed since that initial transition, and experts in education policy, administration, and public health say the new challenge is safely shepherding students back into classrooms — and making the most of this pivotal moment.