Contributing writer

Omar Abdel Haq

Latest Content

Scholars Talk COVID-19 Impact on Latin American Minority Groups

Academics discussed the pandemic’s disparate impact on Black and indigenous populations in Brazil and Mexico during a webinar hosted by the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies Tuesday.

Researcher Presents New Poll on Cuban American Political Beliefs at DRCLAS Event

Guillermo J. Grenier, a sociology professor at Florida International University, presented his research on the Republican party’s popularity among Cuban American voters in Miami-Dade County, Fla. during a Friday webinar.

Policy Experts Discuss Supporting Young People of Color's Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic

A panel of experts in psychiatry, business, and leadership development discussed the complexities of supporting the mental health of young people of color in the workplace during the COVID-19 pandemic at a School of Public Health event Tuesday.

Experts Discuss Power of Youth Vote in 2020 Elections

A panel of activists, academics, and students discussed the role of young voters and the importance of youth voter turnout in the upcoming 2020 presidential election during an online webinar Tuesday.

UW-Madison Professor Discusses Digital Interference in 2016 Election at Shorenstein Center Event

Young Mie Kim, a professor at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, led a online discussion Wednesday on her research into digital interference in the 2016 United States presidential election.