Jeremy Lin '10 Released by Rockets

The Houston Rockets have released former Harvard standout Jeremy Lin '10
By Juliet Spies-Gans, Crimson Staff Writer

On the eve of both Christmas and the start of the 2011-12 NBA season, Jeremy Lin ’10 received some coal from the Houston Rockets.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Lin was released on Saturday night to make room for big man and nine-year NBA veteran Samuel Dalembert. The team made the official announcement regarding Dalembert early this morning, just hours before flying to Orlando for its first regular-season game of the year.

The past three weeks have had many turns for Lin. On Dec. 9 the Golden State Warriors waived the Harvard alum following a rookie season in which he appeared in 29 games, averaging 2.6 points, 1.4 assists, and 1.2 rebounds, and 1.1 steals during his time on the court.

Only two days following his release from the Warriors, the Rockets claimed the second-year guard off of waivers. In his two pre-season games with Houston last week, Lin notched a total of six points, one rebound, and one assist in eight minutes of playing time.

The Rockets are set to make the official announcement of Lin’s release later today.

Men's Basketball