Harvard Career Office Renamed to Mignone Center for Career Success Following ‘Generous’ Donation

The newly renamed Mignone Center for Career Success is located at 54 Dunster St.
The newly renamed Mignone Center for Career Success is located at 54 Dunster St. By Lucy H. Vuong
By J. Sellers Hill and Nia L. Orakwue, Crimson Staff Writers

Harvard’s Office of Career Services has been renamed the Mignone Center for Career Success following a “generous” donation to the College from Allison Hughes Mignone ’94 and her husband Roberto A. Mignone ’92, the career center announced Sunday.

The sum of the donation was not announced. Both donors, who also received their MBAs from Harvard Business School, have a history of generosity toward the College. In 2016, they contributed to the construction of a new rugby facility, which was subsequently named the Roberto A. Mignone Field.

Roberto Mignone is the founder and managing partner of New York-based investment management firm Bridger Management LLC. He also serves as vice chair of the American Museum of Natural History and as a trustee of the New York University Langone Medical Center.

Allison Mignone served as co-chair of the Class of 1994 Reunion Gift Committee and was named vice chair of the Museum of Natural History’s capital campaign.

The pair “have always been passionate about fostering strong academic advising and in particular career support for Harvard students and graduates to ensure they achieve the career success they aspire to,” Mignone Center Director Emanuel Contomanolis wrote in a Tuesday statement.

“A series of discussions with senior College leadership led to a generous gift to the College, including specifically earmarked support to the Office of Career Services. In recognition of that gift, the office has been renamed the Mignone Center for Career Success,” he wrote.

According to the statement, the center’s new name is intended to reflect its vision for “success specifically through the eyes of the learners.”

Contomanolis wrote that the gift has enabled the career office to renovate the first floor of their Dunster Street office building, “resulting in an open, far more inviting and engaging space.”

Contomanolis added that the center is also working to implement other initiatives supported by the gift, including a new website, more accessible career outcome data, and the introduction of a new interview practice platform.

The new platform, called “Big Interview,” offers “virtual interview practice and Ai feedback to improve performance,” according to Contomanolis’ email.

—Staff writer J. Sellers Hill can be reached at sellers.hill@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @SellersHill.

—Staff writer Nia L. Orakwue can be reached at nia.orakwue@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @nia_orakwue.

CollegeFASCareer CenterCareers Featured Articles